Let Them Eat Cheese Doodles

March 5th is National Cheese Doodles Day!

An ode to that corniest of puff treats, that neon orange dust of deliciousness that doesn’t exist anywhere but processed cheese products (Kraft Mac n Cheese, I’m looking at you…you too Cheez Wiz).

We salute you, Cheese Doodles.  For a life without snack food that stains your fingers with a nuclear glow is a life not experienced to the fullest.

If you doubt how much happiness a processed snack food can bring, just witness the joy a bag of cheesy puffs brings to Alexander. (Thanks to Terri at Gallivance for bringing this to my attention)

Enjoy!

p.s. March 5th also happens to be National Multiple Personality Day and National Absinthe Day.  Go figure.

Cheese Doodle

22 thoughts on “Let Them Eat Cheese Doodles

1. NotAPunkRocker March 5, 2014 / 10:38 pm

I was wondering if you saw that today!

Now, are we talking about the good, crunchy Cheez Doodles, or the ones that are like eating caterpillars? 😉

• dhonour March 5, 2014 / 10:53 pm

As I am currently eating grapes and drinking peppermint tea instead of drinking wine and eating cheez doodles, either one would go down well with me! But I personally prefer the puffy ones rather than the crunchy twists, the ones that just kind of melt in your mouth. Mmmmm.

2. El Guapo March 5, 2014 / 10:58 pm

Wow, you sound as excited by this as I do by the impending start of Spring!
    If I had known, I would have worn a white shirt, and displayed my orange dust proudly.
    (Plus, it would excuse me from the impossible task of eating cheez doodles neatly.)

• dhonour March 5, 2014 / 11:03 pm

It is impossible to eat Cheez Doodles neatly or daintily which only adds to their appeal in my eyes. They are meant to be devoured, preferably in one sitting. Extra points if you are alone on the couch watching Love, Actually or Sense and Sensibility (I have a thing for Alan Rickman…), or maybe that’s just me…

3. rebecca2000 March 5, 2014 / 11:17 pm

Pancake and Grammar day yesterday and Cheese doodle today. What’s next?

• rebecca2000 March 5, 2014 / 11:20 pm

Yep. I posted about it today because I missed it too.

• dhonour March 5, 2014 / 11:23 pm

We need a do-over, especially as I am unsure if do over is hyphenated or two separate words.

• rebecca2000 March 6, 2014 / 12:22 am

I know. It’s totally unfair.

4. insanitybytes22 March 6, 2014 / 12:14 am

LOL, that photo is seriously scary. I think I’m going to have nightmares about it. I repent for ever saying, “if you eat one more cheese doodle you’re going to turn into one.”

• dhonour March 7, 2014 / 5:28 pm

But you can’t look away, can you! It does make you wonder a little about putting in your body, that’s for sure. But no matter how hard you push them, kale chips just don’t cut it.

5. Elyse March 6, 2014 / 12:49 am

I’m pretty sure there is a connection between these two National Multiple Personality Day and National Absinthe Day

• dhonour March 7, 2014 / 5:27 pm

But where, oh where, do the Cheese Doodles fit in? It’s a head scratcher for sure.

6. gallivance.net March 6, 2014 / 4:04 am

Happy Cheese Doodle Day Dina! And I didn’t even know. I shall mark my calendar from this date forward. We’re traveling in Mexico now where they have “Cheese Doodle Clones” the size of a hotdog. I kid you not! 🙂 Thanks for the lovely shout-out. Long may you and Cheese Doodles rule. ~Terri

• dhonour March 7, 2014 / 5:26 pm

Giant Cheese Doodles! I must get down Mexico way. Safe travels and enjoy Mexico. I’m loving all the photographs!

7. doublewhirler March 6, 2014 / 7:02 pm

Alexander reacts the way we do when we get a notification of a new post from WAC(D) xx
    (And Elyse so stole my comment—I must get up earlier)

• dhonour March 7, 2014 / 5:25 pm

Stop, you’re making me blush ;-). I did wonder about the Absinthe and the Multiple Personality thing. I’ve been doing sporadic detail research for ‘the book’ and I keep getting sucked into sites like this. This is a particularly good one: https://www.catholic.org/saints/patron.php?letter=A in case you need to find the patron saint of circus performers (Julian the Hospitaller) or the insane (Dymphna). I think there are now multiple ‘day’ of the year as well. Who knew?